Our Wonderfully Crazy Life!


Yesterday was an example of just how crazy busy our life is right now.  I guess it didn't start Saturday morning, but Friday night.  David was just put into the Young Men's presidency (he is going on 9 years of YM's) over the Deacons and there was a Campout scheduled for this weekend.  It is actually really nice to have him in there with Cameron now!  So while they left on their Campout to Strawberry Reservoir, I took Jason to a friend's birthday party.  There also was a father-daughter activity for Melanie. Unfortunately for her, I was the alternate for Dad. She was disappointed. She was the only one without her dad there. I felt bad but the only other option was to not go and she didn't want to miss!  With all my babysitters gone I had to find someone to watch Alyssa and Jenna.  Rare thing these days!

Saturday morning we had 3 different sporting events in 3 different cities. We were all out the door before 9 am Melanie in her soccer uniform, Jason in his football uniform and Alyssa all ready for her first gymnastics meet!  We watched Melanie's game in Springville for 30 minutes before heading off to Orem where I dropped off Jason for his football game.  Then drove straight to Lehi for Alyssa's gymnastics meet.  David got home in time to get Melanie (I had arranged for an old neighbor on her team to bring her home) and drive to Orem to watch Jason.  Luckily everything worked out!  The scheduling could have been a lot worse!  

Melanie has LOVED soccer this season!  She has been trying to find something she likes and is good at for a while and I think she has found it!  She bought herself a soccer ball and takes it with her to recess.  She is having a hard time finding friends that want to play though.  A lot of her friends are interested in other things or just want to sit and talk.  So boys come and play with her.  Living outside our old neighborhood has been harder then she thought when it comes to that.  Makes me sad for her!
Alyssa's first meet was a success!  She has a lot of work to do still.  She is competing at level 2, where everyone gets a participation medal, which I am grateful for.  I was able to still keep track of her scores and the scores of her teammates and she got first out of level 2 from Airtime but I don't know how she stacked up against the other teams.  She has 2 weeks until her next competition.  She loved it and wasn't nervous after she got the first routine out of the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS