Dresser Remodel

So this dresser was given to us by my parents when we were at BYU.  We have had it for as long as we have had Melanie!  10 years!!  This dresser goes with the bedroom set my sister and I got when I was 5 years old!  So this dresser has been around a LONG time!  It has a mirror that goes on the back of it that I just never put back on when we moved here.  Anyway, David HATED it and has wanted to get a new one forever.  I thought it was totally usable and there was no reason to go out and buy another one even though the drawer pulls were falling off and it didn’t match our bed.  The drawers are even put in wrong from the last move that I never rearranged!  David thought I was crazy when I told him I was going to paint it white and put it into the girls’ room.  After all, it has some sentimental value to it!  It was quite the project and the girls’ room was a TOTAL DISASTER for 1 1/2 weeks while this was in the garage getting painted.  I just dumped out the clothes that were in the drawers on the floor.  I used chalk paint for the first time.  I learned to fill the handle holes BEFORE starting and to prime to save on paint!  Which is why it took so long. 

BEFORE

IMG_5924

AFTER

IMG_5997IMG_6002

I even hung up the girls’ blessing dress for the first time in their room!  They have always been in their closet hanging covered with plastic!  They love to see them hung!

IMG_6005

Comments

The McGary's said…
Love the dresser and what a great idea with the dresses. Where did you get the hooks the dresses are hanging on?

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS