My Heart if FULL!

Jesus is Risen!  Jesus is Risen!  Because of Him, everything is possible.  Because of Him I get to have my body after I die.  Because of Him I can repent and try again, repent and try again and repent and try yet again.  Because of Him I get to be with my family forever…not just until I die.  Because of Him I am reminded DAILY of the many, many blessing I do have.  Because of Him, I am eternally grateful!

Today was Cameron’s first day to pass the Sacrament in church.  My heart was bursting looking over at him sitting with the deacons.  Usually I am handing him the hymn book and encouraging him to sing during Sacrament Meeting.  I loved it when I looked over and saw all those boys with books open singing the hymns, without their Mom’s encouragement.  Good examples around him!  He was SUPER nervous but held it in very well, looking confident!  I commented to him before church when he was all dressed up in his suit how much older he looked.  He looks so handsome with his new haircut!  After church he got his temporary temple recommend so he will be able to do baptism in the temple.  This will be so great for him to do with his Dad!  I LOVE living close to the temple!

After church our family watched 17 Miracles which is a movie about the Willie/Martin Handcart Company.  I just cried with watching all the things those Pioneer families endured, all for the gospel of Jesus Christ.  One lady’s words stuck out to me.  She said “If my posterity all live true to the faith, this would all be worth it” talking about crossing the plains.  I want to make their sacrifice worth it.  I also want to echo her words!  I told David when we were walking into the temple yesterday I felt like our kids were in the “honeymoon” stage still.  Everything is black and white to them right now.  Soon it won’t be.  Things will be more gray to them as they become teenagers and their choices become harder with peer pressure. 

I vowed today to NEVER buy the girls’ Easter dresses alone again!  This is the 2nd year I have had Melanie break down (a lot) this morning after trying on her dress.  It was so cute, but to short.  She knew it but just cried and cried knowing she wouldn’t get to wear a new Easter dress today.  I felt bad.  It is so hard to hold up a dress on a hanger and guess if it will be long enough, let alone know if it is the right style she will like.  So we will take it back this week and she will get to wear it next week!  She still looked gorgeous today, along with the other girls.  I feel lucky to have my girls.  They are always so thoughtful to me, brushing my hair, giving me head massages.  A mother needs daughters to take care of them!

IMG_5682

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS