“It’s Business Time”- Ragnar 2013

I got the opportunity to run in Ragnar this year.  What an experience!  I LOVED it and I would definitely do it again!  So many fun memories to keep us laughing.  And with this van load we had plenty of laughs!!  I ran the 6th leg and so I ran legs 6, 18 and 30.  I ran a total of a little more than 17 miles.  My legs were definitely not all the way healed up after the 1/2 marathon the week before.  By the last leg they were gone and I had to walk/jog the whole thing.  Luckily it was only 2 miles.  I was happy with how I did on my other runs all things considered!  My 2 cousins, Mike and Brian ran, Brian’s wife Candace and her sister Lynise and husband Mark.  Mark started us out at 6 am.  It was a chilly morning!  We slept in a hotel in Ogden, woke up at 4:15 to be at the start by 5.  Mark was easy to spot on the road with his Dr. Seuss hat and his fast shuffle run!  Mike started running just a couple months before this race, just to train for it.  He looked like he had been running for years!  He got 96 kills (people passed) on his first leg!  His was a no support leg so we weren’t sure exactly when he would come in.  He surprised us all he was so fast!  Lynise got the most beautiful run.  She ran outside of Logan in the country.  Lynise passed off to Candace.  Candace is amazing being 14 weeks pregnant during the race!  Seriously crazy and she did awesome!!  Brian had the toughest leg that morning running up hill on a dirt road for more than 8 miles.  And the vans had to drive by all the runners making it DUSTY!!  Must have been the Batman underwear that gave him super powers because he blew past everyone and kept his steady pace the whole way.  By the time I got the handoff I didn’t see many runners.  I had a dirt road/pavement mix with some uphill and a steep down hill mixed in also.  Everyone had run such great paces by the time I finished we were more than 20 mins ahead of our predicted time!

 IMG_5906IMG_5910IMG_5911IMG_5912IMG_5921IMG_5923IMG_5926IMG_5929IMG_5936IMG_5944IMG_5953IMG_5956IMG_5957IMG_5961

We finished right at noon.  We took some fun pictures at the Scheels photo booth!  I think the early morning, lack of sleep really shows how silly we got!  We went to lunch at Subway and then headed up to Snow Basin where we would meet the other van and start again at 4.  We washed up and then took a short nap until then.  This 2nd leg of our race was definitely harder.  We were tired, sore, hot, tired, hot, did I say hot?  We drank lots of water!!  I finished up at 9 pm at a Reservoir.  It was really the perfect time to run at dusk!

IMG_5968IMG_5973IMG_5980IMG_5983IMG_5994IMG_6001IMG_6002IMG_6006IMG_6008IMG_6009IMG_6010IMG_6011IMG_6012IMG_6016IMG_6019IMG_6043IMG_6025IMG_6033

We warmed up with hot chocolate and then hit the road again and stopped at the only Restraunt open in Coalville, Subway.  I think we all were done with Subway after that!  We went to the High School there that had wrestling mats all rolled out and lights off in the gym.  It was a welcoming sight!  I went right to sleep and woke up after 3 to pack up and head out to meet the other van.  It was really cold that morning in the mountains!  It felt like that morning just flew by!  Everyone ran awesome!  Brian even took Mark’s bet and wore his Superman underwear WITHOUT shorts under them.  That brave boy.  He got a lot of stares!  HAHA! 

IMG_6037IMG_6047IMG_6045IMG_6048IMG_6060IMG_6070IMG_6071IMG_6076

We finished in Heber at 8 am and happily paid our $5 to the High School there to get in and take a shower, put on makeup and put on normal clothes.  It was a long 24+ hours!  We had to wait around in Park City until the other van finished their legs.  So we went out and ate a warm breakfast.  It was nice to not eat out of the cooler or at Subway!  We met the other 1/2 of our team at 2:00 when their last runner came in.  We got our medals and took photos of our team.  David met me up in Park City for our Anniversary weekend.  It worked out perfect!  Great memories of another goal set and achieved!! 

  IMG_6080IMG_6084IMG_6085

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS