Ringing in the New Year

This wasn’t a New Years to remember!  David and I were both hit with the flu.  The kids had just gotten over it.  So when New Year’s Eve came it fizzled out pretty quick.  I took a Nyquil at 8:30 and by 9:30 I was in bed.  The kids were excited about staying up but I think when Mom went to bed other’s followed!  Jenna and Melanie fell asleep in my room.  Jason and Cameron dozed off around 11 and Alyssa and David rang in the New Year together!  Alyssa was so happy and proud of herself when she said she was the only one that stayed awake the next morning!

I wish I could say that the beginning of 2013 looked up from that night on but here it is the 5th and I am still on the mend from this flu!  Last night was the first night I didn’t wake up every hour.  It has been horrible!  I am considering those flu shots next year!!

But, I have been thinking about my goals for 2013.  I love setting goals.  I didn’t always.  Goals are meant to stretch and grow but they can also be frustrating if you find that you never accomplish them.  2012 was a good year for me accomplishing my goals.  I want to review those and record the ones that I did.

1. Fast on Fast Sunday (Check)

2. Read the entire Book of Mormon (Read everyday) (I didn’t read every day but I did read the Book of Mormon 2 times last year.  One time was in 90 Days with our ward before the youth went to Martin’s Cove this summer and I finished the 2nd time, reading the last chapter New Year’s Eve right before closing my eyes.)

3. Read the George Albert Smith Relief Society Manual (Fail)

4. Become a Great Primary Pianist (Well, I definitely am not the greatest but I have improved so much it is amazing to me!  And the fact that no one heard mess ups during the Primary Program is a good thing-Check!)

5. Run a 1/2 Marathon (Check)

6. Run the St. George Marathon or a different one if I don’t get drawn  (This did not happen.  I didn’t sign up for this marathon and I am glad!  I was having some major ITBand issues!)

So here are my new 2013 Goals!!

1. 45 Days on the Paleo Diet.  Our crossfit gym is doing this challenge and the middle of February I will document how it went!

2. Get going on Family History.  Thursday is my day I am going to dedicate to it.  Intimidated and nervous?  YES!

3. Find ways to get deeper meanings out of the Book of Mormon.  Maybe a study guide?

4. Run Ragnar and the AFCanyon 1/2 Marathon back to back weekends.

5. Run a 5K with Melanie.  She said she wants to do this so I am making it my goal!

I love setting a variety of goals.  I especially like setting a spiritual and physical goal.  I think those go hand in hand sometimes.  Here is to an exciting and growing 2013!

Comments

Oh sorry to hear you are down and sick too. Not fun at all. Love your goals. You always inspire me.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS