Pillow Talk

The other night I was putting the boys to bed. By the time bedtime comes around it is usually get in bed, lets pray, good night. That is the quick way, which happens most of the time. Also David usually puts the boys to bed and I help the girls. A couple nights ago I was in a mood to talk with the kids. I love it when I get into those moods because sometimes I have the best and funnest conversations and more one on one with the kids.

After talking about the normal stuff of school and wrestling I shifted gears and asked my boys what they were doing to prepare for their missions. Cameron mentioned that he had finished the Book of Mormon and wanted to read the Bible and so we talked about that a little. I asked Jason what he was doing. He said "well, I know how to tie my shoes. I need to take off my training wheels so I know how to ride a bike."
I have this picture of 2 missionaries above their dresser in their room. One missionary is bent over tying his shoe with a bike leaning against the wall and the other missionary is looking in a mirror with the Book of Mormon in hand and his reflection in the mirror he has the armor of God on with Jesus Christ placing a helmet on his head. The saying above the picture says "missionary, noun, A person who leaves their family for a while so others can be with their FAMILIES FOREVER."

Jason talked about getting a sword which brought up more questions. "When we go on a mission do we fight in a war?" "Will we see Jesus on our mission?" I explained that it was a different war. A war of good and evil. That they would be teaching with the sword of truth. They would be teaching with the Holy Ghost and they were on Jesus Christ's side and Satan and his followers would be working very hard to discourage their work. I told them that it was so important while they were on their missions to follow the rules and always have the Holy Ghost with them so that we could win the ward of good and evil.

Jason asked me to tell him something out of the scriptures and so I told the story of the conversion of Alma the Younger and how he became the best missionary there ever was. Jason was so cute and said, "Mom, dad needs to talk to us about this more so we don't forget." (remember dad puts them to bed more than mom!) So cute and innocent.

I was retelling all of this to David while laying in bed and it was just so fun to reflect on and talk about. Sweet, sweet spirits.



Comments

That is SO sweet. YOu have such great kids and are an amazing mother.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS