In the thick of it!

David has been in the Philippines since the 9th, 11 days and counting. I would have to say that I am "in the thick of it." Luckily I have stayed busy. I got home from the funeral on the 13th and have been busy ever since. Tuesday I bought groceries for the SEP dinners at school. Wednesday and Thursday I fed the teachers during their break from school and parent teacher conference. Wednesday was an easy dinner. Texas Roadhouse provided the meat and buns for pulled pork sandwiches. Veggie tray for the side and I made lemon bars and dream bars for dessert. Thursday night was a little more involved. Potato bar with all the fixings, 2 different salads and brownies that I made. Then I also had to take the kids to parent teacher conferences that day. It's funny how timing works out! David was gone the last time I did this in the fall! It felt like dejavu all over again!!

I debated whether or not to get a babysitter for Friday night or Saturday night. I decided to get one Friday and I am so glad I did! I was ready for a break and the temple was a very nice get away for me!

Today I battled the crowds at Costco! Even in the rain the store was as packed as ever. I tried quickly to get the things I needed and then got out! That is no place to linger with 5 kids begging for everything they see! I will admit, I am tempted by it all to!

Then we went to the Gene Fullmer Fitness Center and swam. It was such a great break for the kids and me. It is hard to go swimming in the winter though! Coats and everything. Jenna especially loved the pool and walked everywhere with me holding her hands. One lady mentioned as I was leaving that she was going to ask to hold her since I had my hands full with the others. I said she was the one leading me! She knew where she wanted to go! We will have to go back some time, with David.

Speaking of David...I have gotten to talk to him everyday while he has been in the Philippines. They are busy getting a new office ready and will be moving everyone over in April to it. They have had a break through month this month and is very happy with the way things are going over there. This morning he called to talk before he went to bed (It was 12:30 am there). They always try to do some type of party while they are there, before heading back home, with their employees. This time they went to a movie and Pizza Hut. David and his partner, Andy went to the mall and bought a DVD player, an IPOD nano and a 32" t.v earlier that day. David has told me about the malls there. It is just as expensive as our malls. When you buy a t.v. there the guy who sells it to you walks out to your car with you so you don't get mugged for it! Crazy!! Anyway, so they were at pizza hut with all of their employees and they raffled off those 3 items they bought. When the guy brought in the t.v. all of them just started screaming they were so excited! David said one girl was almost crying! Seriously, a t.v. for them to buy is like a month's salary for some of them. David said that it was just the most awesome experience he has had like that. I told him he knows how Oprah feels when she gives away stuff! I am happy that he is having great experiences over there. It is fun to see and makes me grateful everyday for the blessings this job brings us!

Comments

I am so amazed with your ability to hold it all together and be a single mom. One night alone and I melt. You're my hero!!!! Mealine sure is a beautiful little girl. How fun to have a special date celebrating her.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS