Goodbye Grandma, Till we meet again

For some reason I have put off blogging about Grandma’s funeral. Oh how I will miss her! When I got to my parents house they had the life sketch of Grandma and Grandpa McGary out on the table. My dad gave the eulogy at the funeral and had read it to get his information. It was done in 1980, so it was their life up to that point. I read it Wednesday and finished it Thursday night. It was so fun to read and had a lot of things in there that I didn't know about. Grandma's funeral12Grandma's funeral13Grandma's funeral4Grandma's funeral3

This was the hardest part. Watching my dad with his brothers and sister’s saying their last goodbyes before they closed the casket to their mother. And then one final kiss from Grandpa. I think it is the hardest for the one left behind.

Grandma's funeral15Grandma's funeral14Grandma's funeral16

The whole program was AMAZING! Grandpa said it was the best funeral he had ever been to. I was happy he thought that! It really was a great tribute to Grandma and the life she led.

Grandma's funeral17Grandma's funeral1

After the grave side, I went and picked up Jenna and Alyssa who stayed with Stephanie Garza and I saw a saying in her home that read “The greatest things in life aren’t things.” I thought how fitting that was for Grandma. Her family was her “thing” in life that made her happy. How blessed we are to take family with us to the eternities! Grandma's funeral2

Then we came back to my parents after the wonderful lunch at the church and made more memories with Grandma’s signature homemade ice cream! Yummy! Melanie, my mom and Grandma shared a birthday together. We will always think of her on the 7th of February!

Grandma's funeral7Grandma's funeral18

Grandma's funeral9Grandma's funeral10Grandma's funeral8

I walked out of the funeral with a renewed energy to carry on the great legacy left by grandma and made me want to be a better person like she was to so many!

Comments

The McGary's said…
I love that saying. I was just thinking that as I was looking at your first picture of all of Grandma's things. It really doesn't matter what material things we have. You're right she left a great legacy and family is a great "thing" to have. Thanks for sharing that.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS