Is caffeine bad?

This is a question my kids have been asking. To me it is because it is bad for your body (I think all pop is though) and I think it tastes horrible to. To David it isn't. It (used) to keep him awake and now he is so used to it all it does to him is make him go to the bathroom an hour after drinking it...seriously. So some funny things that have made me see how much our kids are learning even when we aren't teaching. Them just observing.

Me, driving in the car with the kids and some how the topic comes up about caffeine, word of wisdom and so forth. After explaining it all that it wasn't in the word of wisdom about caffeinated pop Melanie asked very worriedly "Is dad going to go heaven?" Well I sure hope so!

Friday night while I was in Park City the kids were drinking pop (a special occasion thing) I bought at an earlier grocery trip with their pizza. They were so excited to finally get to have it. It's been starring at them downstairs in the food room for weeks! Well apparently the knock of brand I bought was a knock off of Mountain Dew, not Sierra Mist like I thought. When David told them they couldn't drink it and that there was caffeine in it Melanie started to cry. Not because she got the pop taken away but because she drank something with caffeine in it.

We both kind of got a good laugh at it and I am secretly excited that my kids don't want to drink caffeinated pop...until their friends are.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS