Great Grandma Zimmerman’s 100th Birthday

Friday night I flew into Pasco.  My dad came and picked me up.  It was great to be back “home”.  But felt somewhat weird going alone.  No one pulling on me, interrupting my conversations, seeing their happy faces at grandma and grandpa’s.  I felt like I was cheating them…the kids.  I also felt weird waiting in the SLC airport for my turn to board the airplane.  I waited an extra 1.5 hours with the plane being delayed.  No phone.  I did buy one of those cheesy, waste of money magazines about celebrities.  You know, the ones you read the front page of while waiting in the grocery line.  Waste of $4 but it passed some time (20 mins.) and the rest of the time I watched (read) CNN on the t.v. screen about the debt debate that hadn’t been solved.  Life without kids is boring.  I would have felt much more comfortable in the kids’ area they have in the airport.  But I will admit 2 days alone was much needed.

I rode from the airport to my parent’s home on this-

379

My dad is strapping my luggage to the back with bungee cords.  Oh yea!  It was fun!

Saturday was a busy day.  I went out early, 5:30, on my last 10 mile run before the BIG run.  It was a good run and refreshing like the last one I ran in the country.  After getting ready that morning Alise, mom and I went in to town with Alise’s new baby, Niko in tow.  Only 6 days old!!  We had fun getting pedicures.  My mom has never had a “real” one other than at a beauty school.  Pretty much the same thing, just more money and massage chairs.380382

We came home to a delicious lunch Colby and Trisha made.  We did have plans to go out on the boat but everyone was tired and so we cancelled that.  I enjoyed a 2 hour uninterrupted nap.  The house was so quiet!  Then we got ready and headed out to go back into town.  We had to make a detour at the Country Mercantile for some chocolate and salsa tasting.  YUM!  I was warming up my taste buds for some mexican food, since that is where we went for dinner.  We met up with Heather, Trisha, Becky and her sister Mary.  It was fun to be with everyone and brainstorm ideas for next year’s sister retreat!  Can’t wait!!

Then we headed over to the race track where Tyson (#808), Seth (#30) and Tyson’s boys, Cody (#10) and Brandon (#8) were racing their motorcycles.  This was my first time watching them race.  The nerves kicked in!!  Cody and Brandon did awesome, having fun.  The dad’s go out and run around and help their kids out if they need it.  Tyson was pretty beat by the time the night was over after doing that and then racing.  Everyone races 3 times.  When Tyson and Seth were racing I thought about going and sitting in the car.  My nerves were about killing me.  When the races first start everyone wants to be the first one out of the line and around the corner.  So you can imagine the rat race it is.  Lots of guys and their motorcycles fall over the first corner.  One time Tyson got behind someone that had fallen over and he ran over his motorcycle.  It is so crazy.  Heather said all of Seth’s friends were out for injuries.  It is a dangerous sport!  Tyson has gotten hurt I think last year.  They love it though!   

385386388392394397404411415423417424

Sunday was the big day for my Grandma.  Saturday she turned 100 and Sunday we celebrated.  All of my mom’s siblings drove or flew in except for one.  It was so fun to visit with everyone for a couple of hours.  Mom’s brother’s are awesome fishermen and love it.  They brought up a LOT of fresh salmon from California.  It was delicious!!  I am becoming more and more of a seafood lover.  And it’s healthy!

Waiting to go inside the building that was rented.  Grandma fell and broke her hip a month or 2 ago and is still recovering.  The reason for the wheelchair.

425427

The men cooking.  Ben and Brad Floyd (uncles) and Seth.426

The table set up with some of grandma’s memories and pictures.  Also the posterity line.  You can tell which side is Mormon just by the amount of people on one side!

428430431432

Singing Happy Birthday.  She loved it!373

A funny skit we put on.  It was fun to do and hilarious!  Each of my mom’s siblings told some memories when they were a child and going to visit Grandma and Grandpa when they were little.  They were funny as well!!

443444

It was such a fun weekend.  I missed my kids badly and couldn’t wait to get home though.  Monday morning I left for the airport.  My itinerary I printed off said 6:45 am.  When I got to the airport it showed it being at 6:30.  I got there at 6:03 and they wouldn’t let me check in.  I had to be checked in by 6.  So I had to go through the mess of rebooking another flight that was lucky enough leaving just before 11 AM.  And there were a few seats available.  I was a mess though.  It is a long story but let’s just say a lot of crying can get you a free ticket.  The men who worked there were very helpful and nice.  The women who worked there were raunchy and rude.  A stark contrast from my experience at the SLC airport.  So I waited in the airport for more than 4 hours to board my plane.  I did not make the same mistake and buy another worthless magazine like I did the first time.  I listened to the radio on my ipod for a bit, slept a bit and people watched a lot.  It was very boring.  Next time I will check my flight before leaving home, just in case!

David’s weekend with the kids:

Saturday morning was a service project fundraiser for his priests going on a white water rafting trip.  He packed up the kids and on his way there Jenna threw up.  Then had diarrhea all day and weekend for that matter.  Cameron had to pick up his pads and helmet for football.  He also had a basketball game and then they drove to Orem to David’s office.  The kids watched a movie while David did a little work.   Sunday David kept Jenna out of Nursery.  He had a lot of announcements to make since the rafting trip was the following week, so he needed to be there.  Sunday night his parents stopped in for the night on their way to WA.  I think that was a nice break for him and I know the kids loved seeing their grandparents!  And Monday night after I got home and driving home from football practice Alyssa asked if we could go to McDonald’s for dinner.  After I said “no” she protested with “well Dad takes us and he even lets us go inside and play!”  So I know McDonald’s was on the menu a couple of times over the weekend!

Comments

What a fun quick weekend you had. That Niko is darling. I laughed so hard at the picture of your paretns. I agreed with the chating comment. I feel that too often. Glad you made the trip and made it home safe and sound. Also, I think McD's is a must when dad is in charge.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS