Examples

On the car ride to the movie theatre tonight Melanie was telling me about her day in Art Class.  The teacher asked the class what they believed in, what their dreams were and what inspired them.  Then she called on a few members in the class to share one of those.  Three girls in her class said “I believe in God”, “I believe the Book of Mormon is true” and “I believe that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet.”  Melanie said she was so shocked!  She did not know there were so many in her class that were LDS.  I kind of laughed and said that her class was probably 90% LDS.  Melanie said “I was so impressed that they would say that!  I don’t think that I would say that.  I don’t know if I am that brave.”  I am really glad that there are others who are willing to share their beliefs in front of my kids.  Sometimes just hearing and knowing that your friend believes something and isn’t afraid to share it outside of church strengthens your own testimony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS