BINGO

Last Sunday the kids and I made bingo chore charts for the kids. I have had a really hard time keeping my kids doing chores, without the nagging AND without the whining!! It makes it easier to do them on my own, which takes FOREVER and wears me out! And what is that teaching them? So I thought that this would be a good incentive for the kids to do jobs and get a small prize when they get a bingo and a fun date with dad when they get a black out. It has been WONDERFUL!! Cameron is so motivated. He is really into the Pokemon cards and so I bought a pack of 10 and he can get a card for each bingo. This morning he had 2 more bingo's before 7 am and the bathroom smelled sparkly clean. The boys have kept their room clean for 4 DAYS and after breakfast this morning Cameron and Jason were fighting over who would do the dishes. Do kids fight over jobs? Not in this house, until this morning!! By Monday Cameron's chart will be all full-25 of them. I know because he has told me. The next chart is going to have to be a little more difficult for him!! Melanie is doing good. She got a bingo, but playing with friends is a lot more fun than doing jobs for her! She is definitely more of a FREE spirit!! Jason loves to do it and had his bed all made this morning by himself. He needs help with reading the chart and where to put the stickers. Cameron has really helped him. It's easier when you have 2 cleaning the same room! Alyssa obviously is too little, which is why it's hard for Melanie. She is cleaning up for 2 most of the time! Not so motivating for her! We shall see how long this chart lasts until I have to come up with another idea!

Comments

Wow, thats brilliant. I'm going to need help with this mom thing. The closer I get to nine months pregnant I get, the more freaked out I get. Ah!!! Good thing they don't come out a year old and totally know what you're saying, doing, and all that. Good thing God made it to where we just have to get used to sleepless nights, feeding, and changing icky diapers. Ugh... We need to sew sometime! I finished school this past week. YIPPEE!!!
The McGary's said…
What a great idea! I will have to remember that for the future, although I could probably start it with Kyla now and maybe that would motivate her. She is easily distracted:)
marciekoch said…
Hi Kira! Good to hear from you! I guess I am a little bit of a migrator! I always liked the thought of having a summer home! I saw your Dad tonight at these wedding receptions. Always good to see him-he looks like Seth's older brother! :) I like your chore bingo. Stacy Julian (scrapbook celeb) had one of these on her blog at the beginning of the summer. Google her blog and check out sometime in June. Maybe you could get some ideas for Cameron from her. I know she had some fun things on there too-not just chores, but productive activities. :)
Enriquez Family said…
GREAT IDEA! its brilliant!
Jenks Family said…
I need lost of good ideas, take a picture of the bingo cards so I can get a better idea
Deborah Austin said…
You need to take a picture and post it that sounds like such a great idea!! Awesome that it is working so well too.

Popular posts from this blog

Our New Family Pictures

How close have you been to a Prophet?

TRIALS